Thursday, March 4, 2021

CCR2: DISTRIBUTING MY FILM

DISTRIBUTING MY FILM
NOTES 
First Slide
When researching a major Hollywood film I noticed many strands that I could use to market my own independent film. I think with my budget I could use: 
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Posters and market these on social media
- A film website to promote the film, the useful aspect of the website is that I can advertise where the screenings are
- A film postcard, links, he title/name, details etc.. 

Second Slide
- Information about taking it to festival, screenings at British festivals (London Film Festival).
- Tortoise in Love, is an example that was funded by the FBI 
- I would like to get a screening on the BFI, and possibly get funding from the BFI to screen my film. This also meant that my film will have an after life, after being able get funded by the FBI. 

Third Slide
- it does other things other than just tell them about the film on the website
- Sorry we missed you is an example, use screenshot poster on this slide. This is instead of a very big marketing campaign, it will tell the audience how to watch the film etc
- Hashtags can we used on my website will help. On the website it will include a trailer, where it is being screened etc.. 

Images on the Second Slide on Tortoise in Love
Images on Third Slide, example: of Sorry We Missed You screenshot
Images - screenshot of Bait digital poster and Festivals. 

My Research on a Major Distribution Film: 

I have understood that what film distribution is. 

I learned from the FBU website from Mark Batey that i have to identify what gender my film is and what is USP is. The distributor will make a list of comparable  films.

Who - forth slide 
What - fifth slide, defining selling point and hooks. Key themes. 
When - sixth slide 
How - seventh slide, how I would market my audience, what is the film , who is it for, ££ we can spend on marketing, what can we think the box office can achieve, influencers to promote the film etc... 

Looking back at data, and do research on the comparable films. Demographic data, female/male etc.. 
Write down three films that are similar theme/genre/audience to my film. 

One of the places we can get films from and choose to investigate is the FDA’s handbook


1 comment:

  1. This is coming along well. Aim to continue building this answer this week.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

WELCOME MODERATOR! CRIMINAL FACES | AS FICTIONAL FILM OPENING Preesha Patel, Candidate Number: 1807 Film Production: Tom B 1807 Production...